Saturday, August 10, 2013

Where is God when most people die in their sins?

This video recently came to my attention when Bryan Fischer spoke about it on the air a few days ago. I watched it and couldn't help feeling a welling up of...rage?  I'm not sure if rage is the correct word.  Maybe I confused my eyebrows hitting the ceiling with an audible "WTF!" with seething hot anger.  I'm not sure, but nonetheless, my raw emotion got the better of me.

The story goes like this:


Dude drives to work, has a heart attack.  Drives himself to the hospital.  Passes out in the waiting room.  Docs and nurses try for 45 minutes to revive him to no avail.  The head doctor walks out of the room and hears a voice in his head telling him to go back and pray for the poor dead sap.  He does (reluctantly) and prays the following prayer: 
"Lord, if this man has not asked Jesus to be his personal Lord and Savior, please bring him back to life." 
Then, he orders one more paddle zap and BOOM!...dude wakes up, spends a few days in the ICU, and voila, is healthy as a clam - nary a sign of heart damage to be found aye, now or ever.

It's a sweet story, and one that many Christians would find fascinating and "proof" that their god raises people from the dead, as was the conclusion by Bryan Fischer.

Whether or not their god does in fact raise people from the dead (which I highly doubt, especially in this case, being that empirical research could easily explain why a perfectly explainable course of events caused this "miracle" to take place...I mean...it's not like the bloke just POOF! came alive again.  They used the paddle zappers, after all) doesn't matter to me one bit.

What bothers me is that this man received unfair treatment by a god who is preached from the pulpit as an all-powerful, albeit hands off, being, who has given mankind the free will to choose god or...not god...and, if they choose the latter, they get to burn in hell for eternity.

If this is the case, why does this gentleman get a second chance while millions, yea billions, of deserving souls have only one chance to make their decision and yet die in their sins?  

If this story is remotely true (which it isn't, of course), then this free will idea is bullshit.  There is no free will.  If there was, every single burning soul could come forward with a case against this god with a simple question:

"Where in the hell was my doctor to pray me alive again?"

...to which god would obviously reply:

"Who put you in charge of the rules of my kingdom?  Did I ever say I was fair?  After all, my cause and effect eternal promises never work anyway - paving the way for millions of clauses that trick people into believing that I am still relevant."

No.  This story is poppycock.  And if it isn't, I want nothing to do with a god that will work overtime to save this poor bloke, whilst giving my grandfather exactly one life to decide to burn in hell, which this god is happy to oblige him.

Oh...and why does god need some idiot to beg him to raise some dude from the dead.  Hell...if I had all the power in the world, why do I need to go through a surrogate?  If this doctor hadn't had "faith" and played this god's little game, would we have a YouTube video of the dead guy that never came alive again?

1 comment:

  1. This topic is further complicated by the fact that much of what passes for "theology" on hell in modern churches isn't strongly based on Biblical ideas. Most Christians assume that the Bible says a lot more on hell, and on who goes there, than it actually does.

    ReplyDelete