Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best Joke of the Day

Listening to Click and Clack on Car Talk this afternoon, I heard this joke:

The lawyer stood over the plaintiff and asked him to answer his question.  "Did you or did you not tell the patrolman at the scene of the accident that you were fine.  In fact, your exact words were, I'm fine!?"

The plaintiff began to speak.  "You see, I was loading my favorite donkey, Bessie into my trailer that morning..."

"I asked a yes or no question.  Did you say I'm fine to the patrolman at the scene of the accident?!!", the lawyer retorted.

The plaintiff kept going.  "I got Bessie into the trailer and began to drive down the road."

The lawyer cut the plaintiff off again and turned to the judge, begging him to make the plaintiff answer the yes or no question.  The judge, now interested in the donkey story told the plaintiff to continue.

"Thank you, your honor.  As I was saying, I was driving down the road and was crossing an intersection when this big semi blew the stop sign and  broadsided me.  I ended up in one ditch and Bessie in the other.  I was pretty hurt but heard Bessie groaning and moaning on the other side of the road.  The patrolman arrived and looked at me but also heard Bessie.  So, he went over to the other side of the road to check on her.  I heard him looking around and then he shot her to put her out of her misery.  Then, the next thing I knew, here he was, standing over me, holding his gun and asked how I was doing.  What the heck would you say???!!!"

2 comments:

  1. I love the click and clack car show!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I listen to them whenever I get a chance. But, even so, I've never ONCE fixed my own car. I'm the type that sees a flat tire and ships the thing off to the junkyard. On the other hand, my wife can change a flat in 34 seconds.

    ReplyDelete