Thursday, May 28, 2015

Marriage Counseling Update - May 28, 2015

I mentioned before, my bride and I are attending couples therapy, marriage counseling, whatever it's called. It's going well.

I have also talked, previously, about how we fight. How I fight, really. How I argue. And now, as a past tense, how I used to argue. I'm simply not into it anymore. In short, I was a veritable jackass. I've learned to listen and give a shit about what her side of the coin is all about. I've learned to step back and assess the situation and 

Now, before you get your hackles all in a hunch of pickles, our therapist is not "taking sides," proving to me that I am the sole problem. I'm all too familiar with the idea that men are always the problem and women are poor souls that must be coddled and treated with care as if they're a fragile flower that will wilt and whither away.

My wife wouldn't ever want to be viewed that way, anyway.

Rather, she is working with us, helping us to learn how to communicate properly, and giving us a wonderful foundation for solving any problems that come up during the day. It's amazing what you discover, when an objective third party is sitting across from you, listening to your stories and arguments.

It's not like we didn't love each other and all of a sudden discovered a passionate necking need. We loved, but had lost the ability to trust intentions. 

Anyway, I'm just letting you all know, we're in a lull of goodness. Something bad is about to happen. I just know it. The next shoe is going to drop soon.

Love,

I. C.

1 comment: