Friday, July 20, 2012

P. Z. Myers Critiques a Book Against Science

I am very familiar with the confused feeling of "but they say it so eloquently!"  You know, when you're steeped in misinformation and it all sounds so logical, having never been introduced to real data or current research, you sort of stop listening to the other side.  Once I left fundamentalist Christianity, I began to study other viewpoints, especially science.

P.Z. Myers is one of my favorite science writers because he spends the time to carefully explain the process of how conclusions are made and gives you much of the history of a developing or accepted theory.

Then he does this.  Go read it. I love it when he skewers the arguments of those that I used to trust blindingly.  I hunger for getting things right and I sorely appreciate his pen.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment