Friday, February 1, 2013

It's -11 Degrees Here

Yes.  You read that right.  It's negative eleven here with a windchill of minus thirty degrees.  This is Minnesota for you.  Sure, we warm up a lot earlier in the Spring, these days, but I can't get enough of this weather.

There's just something about walking outside and being forced to sharply suck in a frozen breath.  It wakes you up completely.

Whenever the kids complain about the house being cold, I take them outside for fifteen seconds with no coat on.  Then we rush back inside and revel in the extreme warmth of the house as it's heating up for the morning.


Nothing like instant satisfaction.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous. I've lived in St. Cloud and Minneapolis, so I know exactly what you're talking about, and I miss it down here in AL.

    ReplyDelete